Commit to Filter ChangesSo start the New Year with a fresh and clean filter and commit yourself to change it every month or two. Also, consider investing in a High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filter which is proven effective in removing airborne contaminants, smoke particles, and other odors.
Upgrade Your ThermostatMany homeowners already made the right choice of upgrading their device to a programmable or smart thermostat. Here are the benefits you can get in the upgrade:
- You can program your home’s heating and cooling schedule.
- You can adjust/control your indoor temperature anywhere and anytime.
- Modern thermostats come with unique features, including system diagnostics, filter replacement changes, and Wi-Fi compatible.
- They are more accurate and accessible compared to traditional models.
- They keep records of your energy usage so you can identify economical ways to reduce your consumption and make your home more environmentally friendly.